Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Ask Pitt Posh- Red Hot

Lovely Lars,

Every year, my style is stifled by the unbearable heat for 8 months out of the year. As a fashion lover at Texas A&M, I dream of a chilly 80-degree-day where my leather pants and I can be reunited again. My boots and fur jackets are calling my name. Boyfriend jeans, lace shorts, off-the-shoulder tops, and strappy heels have become my staples. What are your favorite summer looks, for both hot days rushing between lattes and the library, and warm nights of drinks and dancing?

--Samantha

Sam,

As a hater of hot weather because clearly (as you well know) the fashion...well, stinks.  I mean who can pass up layers, boots, & fur?  A fashionista needs her seasons!!
I can still help you find some new options that you may not have yet tried when beating the heat in Texas.

Option 1: The oh so fabulous closet staple maxi dress.  Even though this dress is long & covering, it's actually a very cool alternative to those sticky hot summer days.

Via BCBG
This BCBG maxi pictured above can easily transition from lecture halls to drinks at night at your favorite bar.  Pair it with cute sandals (NOT FLIP FLOPS!) for class & then into some fun wedges for going out for drinks in the evening.

Option 2: Strappy or strapless rompers.  I am a romper hoarder, I admit it.  With limited fashion options though in the hotter than hot heat of the deep south, these babies can be your best friend.  Belt them, pile on a statement necklace, & rock them with a cute shoe, even a flat works with these. 
Via Nasty Gal
Option 3: Palazzo Pants. This pants typically are lightweight & are made of sheer material with shorts underneath.  They are so comfy & come in so many materials & patterns.  They tend to turn heads as well.  People will be asking you where you got them.  THAT I would bet a Chanel bag on. ;)





Well my Texas fashion gal, these are my choices for ditching the standard fashion hot weather looks. 

Stay Posh!

XO
Pitt Posh

No comments:

Post a Comment