Sunday, August 11, 2013

Keep your budget

I've been getting a ton of tweets & emails recently asking how to dress on a budget.  I loathe budgets, (my poor fiancé!) but I do have a couple tricks & tips to help with still being fashion forward on a budget.  

My parents had a wine party last evening, so I traveled down to my old hometown & thought this was the perfect opportunity to play with the question I keep getting asked.  

When I first arrived I was wearing a pair of matchstick white denims from Express. These jeans are one of my favorite pairs.  The zippers at the ankles add a touch of edge to any attire.  You can find them at Express's online store & they are even 40% off right now.

The blouse is from Forever 21, which I randomly spotted through the store window one day when shopping at the mall.  It's really comfy but still dressy at the same time. 

I paired these two items with some chunky Calvin Klein printed sandals.  They retail for only $119 & can be found at any department store that carries CK.

My entire outfit for the first part of the day (minus my daily Cartier bracelets & engagement ring) only cost about $250.

Next, I decided to take a dip in the pool & I wore this AMAZING swim top from H&M. 
The top is so fun & flirty with the over-sized Italian horn on the zipper!  And guess what, the top is under $20!  Find it at any H&M!

After taking a much needed dip in the pool, I changed outfits once again (I like clothes way too much) for my evening look. 
I changed into this black lace romper.  I purchased it a while back from Forever 21 online.  I loved the back cutout detail. 
I kind of had a Carrie Bradshaw moment with the whole bra being visible situation.  This romper was under $25!  I paired it with a metal chain & leather belt because it's too big around the waist & it brought the outfit to a more evening feel. 

Being on a budget doesn't mean you don't get to have any less fun with clothes, it actually gives you the ability to be more creative.  You don't always have to spend a lot of money to look super posh!

xo
Lars



No comments:

Post a Comment