Wednesday, July 31, 2013

What's Black & White & Read All Over?



Welcome to Pitt Posh! A look into the life of a 20 something fashion addict who resides in the steel city.  I've been obsessed, obsessed, (did I say obsessed?) with fashion since as long as I could remember.  I was the girl who would sneak into her mum's walk in at age 4 & try on all her high heels.  If you are that girl too, (or guy) then you're in the right place!

I'm a risk taker when it comes to my clothing selections, but one thing is known about me...and that is black & white.  Even though black & white is the hot trend for fall right now, it's a staple & classic in my everyday life.  You can dress it up or dress it down.  It truly never goes out of style.  



The classic Combo:
Get my look!
Blouse: Shirin Guild (no longer available)
Jeans: Martin + Osa ( Similar Jeans shown here)
Shoes: Lace & Suede Lamb Peep Toes (find similar ones here: Tahari similar booties)
The Traveling Comfortable Chic at the St. Louis Airport:
Get my look!
T-Shirt: American Apparel Runway Model Tee 
Pants: Express Drawstring Track Pants (style: white with black stripe side panel) find them here & THEY ARE ON SALE!
Sandals: Calvin Klein Patent Leather Thongs (www.calvinklein.com)
Bag: LV Neverfull in Classic Monogram
Luggage: Michael Kors Fall 2006 (I've had it since high school!!)
It's a Jungle Out Here.
Get my look!
Blouse: Vintage Sheer Oversized Blouse
Pants: H &M Animal Print Straight Legs Pants (h&m.com)
Shoes: Target
Clutch: Vintage Dior (No longer available)


My Closet Black & White Must Haves:

3 of my favorite classic black & white items that are always on hand in my closet.

1. The simple black Christian Louboutin pump.  Always a sassy way to spice up any outfit, while turning heads.





2.An over-sized square silk scarf.  My "go to" silk scarf (as seen below) is a Moschino Cheap & Chic extra large (extra chic) wardrobe essential.  It's easy to style & adds an element of sophistication to the average outfit.

3. A white (or Black) leather biker vest.  This vest (pictured below) has seen many elements of the weather & is a constant staple in my life.  You can throw this over any blouse or top to add some edge.  I usually throw it over a feminine blouse to add a feeling of feminine toughness & power depending on my mood for the day.












  

No comments:

Post a Comment