Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Trends are not always your friends.

I'm sure we all have that one friend who believes in every trend that is hot this season, & if you don't have that one friend...then sorry honey, it's you! Word of warning: NOT ALL TRENDS WORK!

Let's start with the not so chic, heel-less shoes.  Although Lady Gaga is known for her love of these hideous heel-less monsters, they do not work for everyone...or in my opinion, anyone.  Yes, I do agree they are interesting & we can thank the late & great Alexander McQueen for that, but no, just don't do it.

Via the INFdaily.com



Clearly, Gaga is taking these sky high heels to a whole new level...the ground. 


Moving on, let's go with "ombre" hair.  Now, I'm sure some of my followers have tried to rock this trend or are even still doing the ombre sensation, but people, it's time has come & we need to let it go.

Via celebsalon.sheknows.com     
Elle Macpherson, their is nothing fierce about this hair style.

Next, two words: Ugg Boots.  I don't think the creator of this boot thought of the potential play on words the brand could be subjected to..."UGG-ly" boots perhaps?  I mean every college student across America owns at least a pair.  This "trend" needs to end.  Pronto.

Via highsnobette.com
Sorry Mr. Ugg, the sparkle just isn't helping sweeten the deal. 


Sorry ladies, but my next fashion faux pas is the crop top.  When worn correctly, this top can bring all eyes on you & your rock hard abs, if they exist.  I'm not saying the crop top needs to go up in flames completely, but if you don't got it, don't flaunt it. (that includes men as seen below.)

Via manolomen.com
Just stop while you're ahead ladies...& apparently gents.  Let's keep some mystery to what's going on under our clothing. 

Next on the list, graphic sweatshirts.  You don't have to post "classy" across your chest on a 100% cotton shirt to get a message across to the world.  These cheesy tops are all over the place right now & bring back the horrendous memory of the sweatpants with "hottie" or "too cute" written right across the butt.  I'm shuttering just thinking about that! 

  
Via oldnavy.com

Yes, I'm sure on some days we all want to "be free" but do we really need to have that written directly across our chests.  I think not. 



I think you all get my point.  Not all trends are your friends.  I'm not saying that you shouldn't take a fashion risk (by all means, PLEASE do) but be yourself & adapt the trend into who you are as a person & wear it representing your true colors.

Much love from the steel city!

Xo
Lars

No comments:

Post a Comment